Avalon 1.9

R3d2

Avalon 1.9

Message par R3d2 »

When downloading latests weather forecasts, then on first hours the true wind speed and course TWD, TWS is different.
VR: BlueJadeOs / Keep dreaming
jef

Re: Avalon 1.9

Message par jef »

Difference between VR winds interpolation and Avalon !
Moi, quand on m’en fait trop j’correctionne plus : j’dynamite, j’disperse, j’ventile.
Rs_Mesrine

Message par Rs_Mesrine »

Jef

est ce normal d'avoir un décalage des vents lorsqu'on prend les vents NOAA des bascules
Là je viens de télécharger et vents 0 et 3h restent sous numéro 0 et ensuite ca passe à 6

Fais l'essai stp et regarde si c'est normal, ca me semble bizarre
Boat Rs_MesRine
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

Got tricky situation. Avalon calculating on HG close to change to C0. Everything is fine when delta is 0,1 - 0,3. When goes 0,5 Autosaiis changed to C0, with the same course lost 2 kTs for 20 min + penalty to go from HG to C0 and back from C0 to HG.

VR still not fixed option to turn off Auto Sails! All the time of the edge of knife. On such a speed, delta grow dramaticaly in 2 hours. From one cable tow till 0.5 nm.

And if there is more, than 26.68?

I'm fighting for 1st place in our country, Latvia, competition. I was 6 nm from first place. This mistake throwed back by to 10 nm.
jef

Message par jef »

Hi BlueJadeOs,

Have you upgraded to 1.9.0-5 ( Posted on last saturday), cause it fix the sail "Tolerance" trouble.
Add a 1,003 coef to polar before changing sail set.

What boat have been used when importing polar from toxctt ?
The right one is "IMOCA FOILS", see other post in forum.

You may even use your on polars as i saw that our have VIP (export to csv, modify, reload from csv).

Aslo i have encouter similar trouble, and doing a full refresh of Virtual Regatta, was able to change heading without penalty.

Wishing that you win the LatVia sub race ;-)
Moi, quand on m’en fait trop j’correctionne plus : j’dynamite, j’disperse, j’ventile.
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

jef a écrit : 30 nov. 2020, 16:43 Hi BlueJadeOs,

Have you upgraded to 1.9.0-5 ( Posted on last saturday), cause it fix the sail "Tolerance" trouble.
Add a 1,003 coef to polar before changing sail set.
I'll check it out. Waiting for changed polar zones.
jef a écrit : 30 nov. 2020, 16:43 What boat have been used when importing polar from toxctt ?
The right one is "IMOCA FOILS", see other post in forum.
Yes. I have it.
jef a écrit : 30 nov. 2020, 16:43 You may even use your on polars as i saw that our have VIP (export to csv, modify, reload from csv).
Ok. Sometimes is easier to complain. Sorry! Thank you for patience! You gave us so such a great tool! You are the best! 8-)

jef a écrit : 30 nov. 2020, 16:43 Aslo i have encouter similar trouble, and doing a full refresh of Virtual Regatta, was able to change heading without penalty.

Wishing that you win the LatVia sub race ;-)
Refresh and reload on VR it's routine. :lol: Already sent a bunch complains to VR support. They answered, that they will fix it.

One more time, Thank you Jef for your support and work. Is it possible how some support you from user side?
jef

Message par jef »

@BlueJadeOs,

Win the race, for sure AvalonVirtual/Offshore will be much more known to real/virtual skippers !
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

Houston, we have a problem

AvalonVirtual-1.9-5

jef

Message par jef »

This was a mess with VR datas, an updated version is just ready for new ZEA, see my previous post

Cheers
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

I stucked on the Exclusion zone. Trying to Compute route.
Heading 118 . Router calculating as I'm going to 58.
Going to 58. Router thinks that I'm going on 118 and calculate further.
I almoust lost at least 2 miles. Tried to change a course. Choosed wrong course. Made calculation on new place and got again wrong direction.
jef

Message par jef »

If you cross the ZE, Avalon is in deep shit cause it cannot cross it back, so you would better :
A ) Manualy handle the case, to get back above the ZE, so routing will work
B ) Remove the ZE, compute a route with a waypoint above the ZE, and then after re import ZE

Ok ?
Can't see your boat on VR, what's his name ?
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

jef a écrit : 03 déc. 2020, 22:20 If you cross the ZE, Avalon is in deep shit cause it cannot cross it back, so you would better :
A ) Manualy handle the case, to get back above the ZE, so routing will work
B ) Remove the ZE, compute a route with a waypoint above the ZE, and then after re import ZE
Hardly trying not to cross ZE. Previous VR I played without router. With ruller on the screen. :lol:
jef a écrit : 03 déc. 2020, 22:20 Ok ?
Can't see your boat on VR, what's his name ?
Boat name: BlueJadeOs
You can see on the Avalon Router
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

Jef, you did't understood problem. Try to go to close Exclusion zone, when angle of exclusion zone line would be 45 degrees. The General route is behind exclusion zone. From exclusion zone 10 to my be 30 min away all the time router wish to go closer to exclusion zone after route recalculation.
jef

Message par jef »

Hello BlueJadeOs,
Yep following your boat.
The General route is behind exclusion zone. From exclusion zone 10 to my be 30 min away all the time router wish to go closer to exclusion zone after route recalculation.
Is this a refresh effect, not refreshing the VR screen with SYNC symbol upper right of screen, may lead to erroneous starting positions when computing route.

If we do not understand each other, maybe cause you and i are not speaking the same language, could you do some screen shots.

A+
jef

Message par jef »

@R3D2,

Think i am hit by the bug now !
Capture d’écran 2020-12-04 à 13.52.23.png
Seems a discontinuity in this fuck.... ZE !