Avalon .10

jef

Re: Avalon .10

Message par jef »

I mostly compute routes on Linux and MacOsx, new see that, a switch from a Mac at Job time to my Linux big box at home, and it is consitant over time.
Is this related to Windows, never eard of this from other players, and majority of them use Windows10.
Moi, quand on m’en fait trop j’correctionne plus : j’dynamite, j’disperse, j’ventile.
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

jef a écrit : 22 déc. 2020, 14:39 I mostly compute routes on Linux and MacOsx, new see that, a switch from a Mac at Job time to my Linux big box at home, and it is consitant over time.
Is this related to Windows, never eard of this from other players, and majority of them use Windows10.
People are different. I'm engineer type and perfectionist. I see things which other simple can't see. Together we can make a world. :)
VR: BlueJadeOs / Keep dreaming
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

I'm curious how to put in calculations ECMWF?
Definitely 3ve3da uses ECMWF.
Crossed doldrums and there was different predictions on GFS and ECMWF. Hoped that GFS will be true. False!
Pushed hard to north and everybody moved to hard West. ECMWF 2 days earlier showed that near Azores will be corridor . Now GFS and ECMWF shows almost the same but different.

To use GFS and to hope to win it's like with broken leg win the marathon.
jef

Message par jef »

Quite hard if your not informatician !
Have to fetch gribs for ECWMF, parse en re-format 'ala' wind.db that is a sqlite3 database.
Moi, quand on m’en fait trop j’correctionne plus : j’dynamite, j’disperse, j’ventile.
R3d2

Message par R3d2 »

Yes! it's SQL data base. Grib file is data base too, but simplified.

And to route actual is 6-9 hours of Virtual regatta weather. The rest should be ECMWF. Otherwise feeling is like sitting on crazy horse or rodeo horse. You know that direction will be in another way but routing shows different way.

On Avalon you are 24/7 worker of each 6 hours trying to understand what will be next 12 hours.
Répondre