This post covers 2 topics:
- Update of our packs of maps with 2021 data
- Availability of Avalon Offshore on MacBook M1 (latest generation of MacBook with the ARM chipsett)
2021 packs of UKHO derived maps
The 2021 versions of our packs of maps derived from UKHO are available on the stores. We have also updated the 2020 packs with 2021 maps.
If you bought a UKHO pack in 2020, we recommend that you reload this pack from the application. The 2021 version will be installed free of charge and will replace your 2020 version.
The SHOM packs have also been updated a coouple of weeks ago.
If you want to aquire a UKHO pack in 2021, the process is as follows:
- Go to “Charts Setup” module from the main page
- Then “Packs derived from UKHO” and select one of the 8 available packs. The pack will be installed on the app within a couple of minutes, Beware to have a good network as some of those packs are heavy (up to 800 megs for the UK and Ireland pack)
Avalon Offshore on new generation of MacBook
If you have a MacBoook equiped with an ARM chipset, you can download Avalon Offshore to your MacBook. MacOs 11 (Big Sur) is also necessary.
- If you are a customer of Avalon on iOS and you have a new generation of MacBook Air or Pro, you can install Avalon free of charge on your laptop.
- If you are not an Avalon customer but have a new generation of MacBook, we will be please to enroll you in our beta test program. Please send us your Apple Id and you will be able to use Avalon during 3 months free of charge.