Simple, Complete and Powerful to bring:
Safety and Comfort to Cruisers
Safety and Performance to Offshore Racers
The best Weather Routing and Navigation App on a tablet ?
Avalon Offshore: a weather routing and navigation app for cruisers and racers
- It works on Android and iOS tablets. Since It also works on the new generation of Macbook M1, equipped with an ARM chipset.
- Avalon Offshore integrated the whole set of functions that are useful to cruisers and offshore racers; weather routing, weather, navigation with NMEA 0183 and AIS collision alarm, anchoring alert, regatta start management wit laylines, etc…Avalon includes automatic loading of 65 weather models: NOAA GFS, Metro France Arpege,and Arome, DVD Icon, OpenWRF Skiron, …
- Avalon also includes advanced functions rarely available in standard weather routing systems such as:
- Bathymetric weather routing, allowing calculation of routes taking into consideration the draft of the boat.
- Simultaneous comparaison of routes across different weather models, different routes options, etc
- Free use of Avalon VPP to calculate customised VPP polars for single hull boats (main sail + genoa, code 0, gennaker, spinnaker, staysail and mizzen sail
- In addition to a VPP polar capture when sailing to tune your VPP.
- High compression of weather data on several models (GFS, Arpege, Icon, NAM Caraïbes et USA East) enabling to reduce by up to 95% volume of data, very efficient for satellite transmission (Iridium Go, Iridium Inmarsat, etc)
- Easy weather routing module (from harbor to harbor) for a quick start of the app.
- Compatible with ©Navionics Boating maps without additional cost.
- Interfaced with ©Navily for a quick selection of the best moorings and harbors.